From: frm3389 on
i am not a sql programmer, but I need to move two "user databases" in a sql
2005 express installation from one drive to another.
This article explains what I need but it says I need to run some commands,
but not where to type the command or run them.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224071

Anyway can I just detach, move the data and log file and then reatach it
using the SQL Server Management Studio Express?

Thanks
From: John Bell on
Hi

The commands should be run from a SQLCMD prompt at the command line.

If SSMSE is the same as SSMS then you can right click the database node
choose all tasks and then attach from the menus.

John

From: Ekrem Önsoy on
Absolutely! Go that way if you don't wanna bother yourself with those code
pieces.

Warning:
It those databases are in a production environment, to prevent any data
loss, you may want to change your databases "Restrict Access" property to
SINGLE_USER (from database options) and then do not forget to set it back to
MULTI_USER to avoid any possible chaos :)

--
Ekrem Önsoy

From: frm3389 on
Thanks for the added advice. That is what I needed.