From: root on
I have three versions of MPlayer which operate
differently. My oldest version is MPlayer-1.0pre7try2
which I built from source with the default configuration.

More recently I built mplayer-export-2010-06-06
again with the default configuration.

Finally there is the mplayer that was built for
Slack 13.0.

I invoke MPlayer from the command line:
mplayer [some harmless options] videofile

The oldest version of mplayer comes up with
a picture and the keyboard is still active
so that, for instance, q kills movie play.

The two newest versions of mplayer disable
the current console. I can neither halt
the movie or switch to another console.
I have to log in from another machine to
gain control.

In the latter two cases, if I invoke
MPlayer with the -vo svga option I
retain keyboard control, but the picture
is small and jerky. I have tried a number
of different -vo options without success.

Man mplayer describes -input option, but
doesn't give me enough information to
deal with the problem. Similarly I haven't
found out how to create the file .mplayer/config
to solve my problem.

Is there a way to configure MPlayer at build,
or invoke MPlayer to maintain keyboard control
while the video plays?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Pages: 1
Prev: Running cronjobs at boot ?