From: as on
Mugabe Says Divisions Rocking Zanu (PF)

http://news.radiovop.com

09/08/2010 10:51:00

Harare, August 09 , 2010 - President Robert Mugabe on Monday complained
sabout divisions in his Zanu (PF) party and castigated the European
Union
(EU) and its allies for failing to remove targetted sanctions on the
country.

Speaking at the national Heroes Acre where former liberation fighters
are
buried to commemorate the Heroes Day, Mugabe in his address said his
party
was now split by divisions.

He appealed to the several factions to unite.

"Zanla and Zipra, the guerilla fighters now torn apart.This group
belongs to
so and so. That group on its own and yet that other group. But you are
bound
together by the struggle you fought, you are bound together by the
commitment that you have to the nation," Mugabe said in his address.

"Look at your history and then examine where you are now. I appeal to
you
talk together sit down and discuss your differences.We want to deal
with you
together. We don't want to deal with groups."

Zanu (PF), which was formed in 1987 after the unity accord by the
Zimbabwe
African National Unity (Zanu) and the Joshua Nkomo led Zimbabwe
People's
Revolutionary Army (Zipra) is now marred by divisions which are led by
the
Defence minister, Emmerson Mnangagwa and retired army general Solomon
Mujuru.

Mugabe told the gathering, which included Prime Minister Morgan
Tsvangirai,
senior government officials and service chiefs that the European Union
was
not sincere in resolving relations with Harare.

"Recently we have sought to re-engage the European Union on the issue
of the
evil sanctions that are hurting our people.But no sooner had we started
the
re-engagement then we realised that the European Union is far from
being
sincere, as the block keeps on shifting goal posts," Mugabe said.

"The European Union and America are keen to have our people to continue
suffering under evil sanctions.I appeal to all political parties to
unite
and speak with one voice. we must speak with one loud voice that
sanctions
must go."

Mugabe also said that the process of national healing and
reconciliation is
not to punish the perpepetrators of violence.

The Movement for Democratic Change led by Tsvangirai has said
perpetrators
of violence must be brought to book.

"For the sake of our children and posterity, I want to urge all of you
note that the process of reconcilliation is national.It does not seek
ferret out supposed criminals for punishment but rather calls on all of
us
to avoid the deadly snare of political conflict," Mugabe said.