From: "Dirk H. Schulz" on
Hi all,

I have configured my Postfix to use multiple access lists like that:
> check_client_access hash:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/list1,
> hash:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/list2
I think this has worked some time, but it does not now - list2 seems not
to be used.

I do not find anything in official docs or Google about using multiple
lists. Is this not possible (any more), does it need a different syntax?

Any hint or help is appreciated.

Dirk

From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* Dirk H. Schulz <dirk.schulz(a)kinzesberg.de>:
> Hi all,
>
> I have configured my Postfix to use multiple access lists like that:
> >check_client_access hash:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/list1,
> >hash:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/list2
> I think this has worked some time, but it does not now - list2 seems
> not to be used.

Use:

check_client_access hash:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/list1,
check_client_access hash:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/list2,

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin

From: Magnus =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E4ck?= on
On Thu, April 8, 2010 12:32 pm, Dirk H. Schulz said:

> I have configured my Postfix to use multiple access lists like that:
>> check_client_access hash:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/list1,
>> hash:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/list2
> I think this has worked some time, but it does not now - list2 seems not
> to be used.

If you omit the restriction name and only state the lookup table name, the
meaning depends on which smtpd_whatever_restrictions you place it. You
probably mean this:

smtpd_whatever_restrictions =
check_client_access hash:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/list1,
check_client_access hash:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/list2

If that doesn't help, show "postconf -n" output.

> I do not find anything in official docs or Google about using multiple
> lists. Is this not possible (any more), does it need a different syntax?

The number of access lists is only limited by memory and the maximum
number of open files.

--
Magnus B�ck
magnus(a)dsek.lth.se

From: "Dirk H. Schulz" on

> On Thu, April 8, 2010 12:32 pm, Dirk H. Schulz said:
>
> > I have configured my Postfix to use multiple access lists like that:
> >> check_client_access hash:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/list1,
> >> hash:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/list2
> > I think this has worked some time, but it does not now - list2 seems not
> > to be used.
>
> If you omit the restriction name and only state the lookup table name, the
> meaning depends on which smtpd_whatever_restrictions you place it. You
> probably mean this:
>
> smtpd_whatever_restrictions =
> check_client_access hash:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/list1,
> check_client_access hash:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/list2

Does the same apply for header checks? Until now I had
> header_checks = regexp:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/header_checks,
> regexp:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/header_checks_virus
Thanks for your help,

Dirk

From: Victor Duchovni on
On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 04:56:49PM +0200, Dirk H. Schulz wrote:

>> smtpd_whatever_restrictions =
>> check_client_access hash:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/list1,
>> check_client_access hash:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/list2

This is rather pointless, why not have the computer concatenate the source
files into a single file that is hashed once, and run faster with a much
lower memory footprint?

> Does the same apply for header checks? Until now I had
>
>> header_checks = regexp:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/header_checks,
>> regexp:/usr/pkg/etc/postfix-in/header_checks_virus

This checks the second table if the first does not match, and is
completely equivalent to using a single table obtained from:

cat header_checks header_checks_virus > header_checks_merged.tmp
mv header_checks_merged.tmp header_checks_merged

--
Viktor.