From: dotNetDave on
Where I work we just use different config files and rename them based on
deployment. For example we have web.config.dev, web.config.qa and
web.config.prod.

When we move the code over to the specific server we just remove the
appropriate suffix.

David

David McCarter [Microsoft MVP]
www.dotNetTips.com
David McCarter''''s .NET Coding Standards available at:
http://codingstandards.notlong.com