From: Paul Wilson on
Hi,

I have 2 cells which I wish to multiply, and have the result be formatted in
text with the 2 decimal places.

3 x 1.55 = 4.65
2 x 4 = 8.00

This is going to be used with a program which requires it to be numbers
stored as text. Just basic cell formatting doesn't work.

Can some one please help?

Cheers
--
Paul Wilson
From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:43:02 -0800, Paul Wilson
<PaulWilson(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have 2 cells which I wish to multiply, and have the result be formatted in
>text with the 2 decimal places.
>
>3 x 1.55 = 4.65
>2 x 4 = 8.00
>
>This is going to be used with a program which requires it to be numbers
>stored as text. Just basic cell formatting doesn't work.
>
>Can some one please help?
>
>Cheers

=TEXT(3*1.55,"$#,##0.00")
--ron
From: Jacob Skaria on
If you are looking for a VBA solution try

Msgbox Format(Range("A1")*Range("B1"),"0.00")

--
Jacob