From: Navkirat Singh on
Hi,

I have been meddling around with forking and multiprocessing. Now both of them spawn new processes from parent (atleast from what I have understood). I have been able to reproduce a zombie state in a fork with:

import os,time

print('before fork',os.getpid())

pid = os.fork()

if pid:
print('child: ',pid)
time.sleep(120)

Now doing a ps ax | grep <pid> I can find a zombie child process, but I am not being able to reproduce the same with multiprocessing. Am I missing something? Or multiprocessing does not have the zombie problem?

Regards,
Nav
From: Navkirat Singh on
OK I wanted zombie processes and have been able to regenerate them with multiprocessing. Now lets see how I can handle them.
Nav

From: Chris Rebert on
On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Navkirat Singh <navkirats(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> OK I wanted zombie processes
<snip>
> Now lets see how I can handle them.

"Paging Dr. Frankenstein. Dr. Frankenstein to the lab. Paging Dr. Frankenstein."

Cheers,
Chris
--
Most people try to /avoid/ making zombies.
From: Navkirat Singh on
I want to kill Zombies....so first I have to create them...simple law of nature....

From: Thomas Jollans on
On 07/25/2010 01:43 AM, Navkirat Singh wrote:
> I want to kill Zombies....so first I have to create them...simple law of nature....

You can't kill a zombie. That's why we call them zombies, as opposed to,
say, daemons.