From: DonMark on
I'm trying to protect an entire workbook so that the forumlae will be hidden
from view. I would rather not protect each individual sheet, using a
password for each sheet. However when I try to use the Protect Workbook I'm
taken to sign up for IRM and I don't know why I must? Is there no way to
protect an entire workbook with one password with out signing up for IRM?
From: Gord Dibben on
Protecting the workbook does nothing to protect cells on the sheets.

Workbook protection merely protects from changing structure or windows.

e.g. you cannot insert or delete sheets when workbook is protected.

That must be done by protecting each sheet.

You can protect all sheets with one password by using VBA

Sub ProtectAllSheets()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim n As Single
For n = 1 To Sheets.Count