From: Sashi on
Hi all, I hope this is not the wrong forum for this question.

I downloaded and installed mutt from sunfreeware.com. I'm on Solaris
10 using GNU bash 3.0.

When I run the mutt command, open my mailbox and send an email with an
attachment, it works ok.
But when I try to run it at a command line, it fails and gives me an
error which simply says "unable to attach file".

Does anyone have any knowledge of what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Sashi
From: blmblm on
In article <9b0e3757-9da3-4d28-b01b-881247a7c3ca(a)30g2000yqu.googlegroups.com>,
Sashi <smalladi(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I hope this is not the wrong forum for this question.
>
> I downloaded and installed mutt from sunfreeware.com. I'm on Solaris
> 10 using GNU bash 3.0.
>
> When I run the mutt command, open my mailbox and send an email with an
> attachment, it works ok.
> But when I try to run it at a command line, it fails and gives me an
> error which simply says "unable to attach file".
>
> Does anyone have any knowledge of what could be wrong?

It might help to know exactly what you're typing at the command line,
to rule out the possibility of error there.

But really you're probably better off asking in comp.mail.mutt.

--
B. L. Massingill
From: Sashi on
On Jan 15, 2:24 pm, blm...(a)myrealbox.com <blm...(a)myrealbox.com> wrote:
> In article <9b0e3757-9da3-4d28-b01b-881247a7c...(a)30g2000yqu.googlegroups.com>,
>
> Sashi  <small...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all, I hope this is not the wrong forum for this question.
>
> > I downloaded and installed mutt from sunfreeware.com. I'm on Solaris
> > 10 using GNU bash 3.0.
>
> > When I run the mutt command, open my mailbox and send an email with an
> > attachment, it works ok.
> > But when I try to run it at a command line, it fails and gives me an
> > error which simply says "unable to attach file".
>
> > Does anyone have any knowledge of what could be wrong?
>
> It might help to know exactly what you're typing at the command line,
> to rule out the possibility of error there.
>
> But really you're probably better off asking in comp.mail.mutt.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Sashi
>
> --
> B. L. Massingill
> ObDisclaimer:  I don't speak for my employers; they return the favor.

Of course! That was silly of me.
mutt -a 'file' -s 'test subject' recipient(a)domain.com
I'll try to check out comp.mail.mutt

Sashi