From: Ethan B on
On Mar 17, 3:21 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Ethan B wrote:
> > On Mar 17, 8:26 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Initial examples page has just been completed.  Isn't even linked to the
> >> site yet.  There is a link to a new primer _from_ this page if you look
> >> closely (something I get the feeling most visitors do not do).
>
> >>http://www.cinsoft.net/mylib-examples.html
>
> >> It's been available to readers of my forum for a couple of days, but I
> >> think I am about ready to connect it up to the main site at this point..
> >>  As you might imagine, I'm quite pleased with it.  :)  I'll be expanding
> >> it to demonstrate slide shows, setting HTML and query-based effects
> >> shortly (among other things).
>
> >> Would be interested in feedback.
>
> > In my opinion, being able to toggle CSS and source code visibility
> > (default hidden) would make it easier to scroll through the demos.
>
> Absolutely.  That's coming.
>

> > And many more examples would be appreciated. :)
>
> Many more are coming, including slide shows and setting HTML (with or
> without effects).  That territory was mined pretty heavily in the Test
> page, of course, but not with the add-on effects.  :)  Transform by
> mousewheel or drag, the more advanced transform effect, lots of
> query-based operations (e.g. spin every nth element in) and much, much
> more!  Now that I've mastered my own monster, I can teach you to tame it
> too.  :)
>

> > On a side note, I've been meaning to say that your my library build
> > tests are a little bit hidden...
>
> You are a 1000% correct, what held you back?  :)  That's been on my mind
> too of late.  That page has a lot of potential to learn with examples
> and a monitoring console to boot.  But I get the feeling that many
> would-be developer's attention spans kept them from getting that far.
> Mea culpa, but I never wanted to try to sell anything to anyone.
>
> > Maybe a link to a test of the full
> > build in the site's navigation?
>
> I like it!  I have to update the navigation for the Examples page and I
> will throw that in (at no additional cost).  Stay tuned...

Staying tuned... :)
From: slebetman on
On Mar 17, 8:26 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Initial examples page has just been completed.  Isn't even linked to the
> site yet.  There is a link to a new primer _from_ this page if you look
> closely (something I get the feeling most visitors do not do).
>
> http://www.cinsoft.net/mylib-examples.html
>
> <snip>

A bit off topic but on my Firefox (3.5.7) + Firebug setup the
TaskSpeed tests keeps crashing every time it gets to Dojo 1.4 with a
"task.execute is not a function" error. Luckily clicking the start
test button resumes the test but that means I need to click on it for
each row of the test.

Maybe it's just my browser setup (not the first time Firebug caused
problems for me) but it would be nice if it works as advertised.

From: David Mark on
Ethan B wrote:
> On Mar 17, 3:21 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ethan B wrote:
>>> In my opinion, being able to toggle CSS and source code visibility
>>> (default hidden) would make it easier to scroll through the demos.
>> Absolutely. That's coming.
>>

>>> And many more examples would be appreciated. :)
>> Many more are coming, including slide shows and setting HTML (with or
>> without effects). That territory was mined pretty heavily in the Test
>> page, of course, but not with the add-on effects. :) Transform by
>> mousewheel or drag, the more advanced transform effect, lots of
>> query-based operations (e.g. spin every nth element in) and much, much
>> more! Now that I've mastered my own monster, I can teach you to tame it
>> too. :)
>>

>>> On a side note, I've been meaning to say that your my library build
>>> tests are a little bit hidden...
>> You are a 1000% correct, what held you back? :) That's been on my mind
>> too of late. That page has a lot of potential to learn with examples
>> and a monitoring console to boot. But I get the feeling that many
>> would-be developer's attention spans kept them from getting that far.
>> Mea culpa, but I never wanted to try to sell anything to anyone.
>>
>>> Maybe a link to a test of the full
>>> build in the site's navigation?
>> I like it! I have to update the navigation for the Examples page and I
>> will throw that in (at no additional cost). Stay tuned...
>
> Staying tuned... :)

Site is updated to add the test page link you suggested, as well as the
Primer links. Thanks for your input!
From: David Mark on
slebetman wrote:
> On Mar 17, 8:26 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Initial examples page has just been completed. Isn't even linked to the
>> site yet. There is a link to a new primer _from_ this page if you look
>> closely (something I get the feeling most visitors do not do).
>>
>> http://www.cinsoft.net/mylib-examples.html
>>
>> <snip>
>
> A bit off topic but on my Firefox (3.5.7) + Firebug setup the
> TaskSpeed tests keeps crashing every time it gets to Dojo 1.4 with a
> "task.execute is not a function" error.

LOL. I'm not surprised. That means that TaskSpeed's ineffectual
exception handling is failing to catch something. Not surprising as it
was written by a Dojo guy. :) Why Dojo 1.4 would be special in FF3.5.7
+ FireBug is anyone's guess (and isn't that the rub with Dojo?) I tried
it with FF3.6 just now and didn't have that problem. I did have to fix
TaskSpeed's exception handling for YUI a ways back (TaskSpeed did
something stupid in the catch clause that threw a second exception).
I'll look into this one...

> Luckily clicking the start
> test button resumes the test but that means I need to click on it for
> each row of the test.

Yes, that's bad.

> Maybe it's just my browser setup (not the first time Firebug caused
> problems for me) but it would be nice if it works as advertised.

I'll see what the hell TaskSpeed is doing to allow an exception to crash
the test. No rest for the wicked. :)
From: David Mark on
slebetman wrote:
> On Mar 17, 8:26 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Initial examples page has just been completed. Isn't even linked to the
>> site yet. There is a link to a new primer _from_ this page if you look
>> closely (something I get the feeling most visitors do not do).
>>
>> http://www.cinsoft.net/mylib-examples.html
>>
>> <snip>
>
> A bit off topic but on my Firefox (3.5.7) + Firebug setup the
> TaskSpeed tests keeps crashing every time it gets to Dojo 1.4 with a
> "task.execute is not a function" error.

test.execute?