From: Bob CP on
karthikaravind wrote:
> I have a IDE hard drive with USB casing and connected to my USB port.
> The problem is the hard drive partitions are not shown up in My
> computer.
> But My Computer->Manage->Storage->Disk management shows the hard drive
> with 3 partitions and all the three are healthy.I know there are a few
> bad sectors.
> I am sure I have not made any changes in registry that prevents drives
> from being shown.
> Please help me.
Try setting the drive letters of the drive to something high, like X/Y/Z.
From: Sjouke Burry on
karthikaravind wrote:
> I have a IDE hard drive with USB casing and connected to my USB port.
> The problem is the hard drive partitions are not shown up in My
> computer.
> But My Computer->Manage->Storage->Disk management shows the hard drive
> with 3 partitions and all the three are healthy.I know there are a few
> bad sectors.
> I am sure I have not made any changes in registry that prevents drives
> from being shown.
> Please help me.
You might have a drive letter collision.
In disk management assign them a new drive letter
in the upper part of the alphabet.
Then back to "my computer" and check up on them.
The same solution works for flashdisks which
sometimes dont work.