From: problemkid on
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
Installation date: ‎29/‎04/‎2010 06:49
Installation status: Failed
Error details: Code 643
Update type: Important

I let the updates install while shutting down, but it just froze for hours
and hours until i got fed up and closed it..is there a reason for this?
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Pick one or two:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asocial.answers.microsoft.com+%22.NET+Framework+1.1+Service+Pack+1%22+%2B+643&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8

From: steve on

chk with Microsoft help desk team for the exact Root cause of the issue

https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&c1=509&gprid=3221&&st=1&wfxredirect=1