From: Shep on
every once in a while the message bubbles for my taskbar clock and other
icons next to the clock show up behind the taskbar so I can't see the
message. this just started happening today... I have no idea what causes it
to do that. It has happened before but I don't know what I did to fix it.

any suggestions

From: Leonard Grey on
"Tooltips for some taskbar icons are hidden behind the taskbar on a
Windows XP-based computer"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912650

For possible third-party solutions, search the web with the following as
your search term:

windows xp tooltips appear behind the taskbar
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: Tim Meddick on
This is just another of those unique "quirks" that belong to Windows XP, of which
there are many.

It seems to happen when you have recently made the Windows Taskbar the "focus" - that
is - if we were talking about a normal "Window" belonging to an application, then it
would be like "bringing it to the front".

This makes the balloon message appear behind the Taskbar.

Microsoft's solution is to logoff / logon again - this seems like "overkill" to me as
doing this doesn't "cure" the problem - just "resets" the Taskbar at the "front"
again, but still susceptible to the same occurrence of making it the "focus" again.

It's just yet another case of something else in XP that you have to "put up with".

However, I am still a fan of XPs despite all it's quirks!

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)