From: Andrew E. on
Whatever you do,do not follow the post by bryce.PC power supplys are
indeed "Switching Power Supplys",& those types of power supplies must
be tested under load..Running one w/o being "hooked up" will destroy the
unit.
As far as the problem(s) go,it sounds like a faulty switch.

From: Peter Foldes on
And Andrew you are an idiot. Go get a life. It is not a faultyswitch but a faulty
PSU

--
Peter