From: Kenny McCormack on
In article <1387711.Bb9nUPlyAr(a)xkzjympik>, pk <pk(a)pk.invalid> wrote:
>Atropo wrote:
>
>> Sorry Dimitre, everytime i touch this script it stop working, and i
>> don't know why. i tried to print in the log file, the date the file
>> was transfered. i added a few lines. the ones that refers to date.
>
>I'm not going to touch on the actual issue here, but why don't you just list
>*ALL* your requirements from the start, so you can have a fully working
>script, rather than only telling part of the story and thinking you can
>figure out the rest for yourself?

Perl is an opaque language.

>Also, though not strictly related, this page could probably be useful:
>
>http://mywiki.wooledge.org/XyProblem

A somewhat better treatment (better if for no other reason than that 3
letters are used, not just 2) can be found (in the sidebar) at:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com./jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/put-down-the-chocolate-covered-banana.html

But my view is that this "Just tell me what you really want" attitude to
giving help is short-sighted in a non-professional, not-for-pay
environment like Usenet. I.e., although I sympathize with the sentiment
expressed at both of these URLs (and elsewhere - such as ESR's famous
"smart questions" text), the fact is: it's not *quite* that simple.

--
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is
no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.

- John Kenneth Galbraith -

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Launch and exit the browser