From: John Navas on
British scientists who conducted the largest study yet into cell phone
masts and childhood cancers say that living close to a mast does not
increase the risk of a pregnant woman's baby developing cancer.

MORE: <http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65L6L520100622>
From: Larry on
John Navas <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in

> British scientists who conducted the largest study yet into cell phone
> masts and childhood cancers say that living close to a mast does not
> increase the risk of a pregnant woman's baby developing cancer.
>
> MORE: <http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65L6L520100622>

It wouldn't even burn 'em if you held their little gonads right up
against the panel.....unless you dropped the kid from that height.

The total power output of a panel is only about ten or 20 watts, making
this make-work-for-government-funding project really stupid.

If they wanna do a study, I have a proposal for them........

In Benson, North Carolina, on NC highway 210 just N of town, there's a
really powerful S-band radar owned by the FAA that's part of our
national FAA radar system. Its transmitter is a magnetron driving a
huge amplitron into a slowly rotating antenna that's at least 90' wide
by 40' high with a serious-looking feedhorn inside a weather dome.

The idiots that sited it located it down a hill on the back of a
farmer's field. You drive through the farm yard dirt road to get to the
radar site and I had to haul a mobile home calibration van behind a box
truck not made for towing to get to calibrate its test equipment years
ago when I worked for EIL Instruments out of Timmonium, MD from their VA
Beach office.

At the very peak of this hill, is located the farm house, a 2-story wood
frame structure that dates back to the early 1900s from the look of it.
It's a massive old wooden house completely transparent to S-band RF.
Everyone living in the house and SLEEPING UPSTAIRS is directly in the
path of the S-band radar's gigawatt level effective radiated power
(ERP), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, unless there's a
failure. The distance from the house to the radome is about 200 yards,
so you can imagine the amazing level of RF these people are subjected to
at really dangerous frequencies. In addition to the radar transmitter,
there is a lesser IFF (FAA calls it "Beacon") transponder transceiver
interrogating all aircraft within 300 miles of Benson, NC. This, too,
on 1Ghz, passes through the house when these antennas are pointed that
way...sweeping through on every rotation.

Just for fun, while I was there, I took an S-band feedhorn/coax adapter
plugged into my RF milliwatt meter up to the house when the farmer
invited us boys visiting up to the hilltop, for coffee. Sitting on the
ground floor in his kitchen on the radar side of the house, I nearly
blew the thermistor mount with the meter pinned on the highest range,
100mw full scale, and the feedhorn was laying sideways on the table
pointed AWAY FROM the radar! That was the level of the REFLECTIONS off
the stuff in his living room!

His missus makes the best pecan pie in that old stove on the PLANET!
She even wrapped us up one to take back to the lab before we left.

These people had 5 kids! Everyone looked VERY healthy, indeed, and,
though we didn't turn out the lights to see if any of them glowed in the
dark, they seemed quite healty and happy, especially when that yearly
lease check came in from the FAA, I suspect, for use of the property.

The man was about 55? The wife about 45?? They'd lived in the house
since inheriting it from his father, virtually their whole lives. The
radar has been there since the mid 1950's, upgraded a couple of times.

On Sunday, our only day off on the road, with no place to go out here in
the NC boonies, I got to play around with the test console on the radar
system, watching over 500 targets burning up tons of fuel and spewing it
into the air you breath that makes the sky white over the East Coast.
The max range of the repeater was over 300 miles and I had no trouble
picking up any targets that were over its radar horizon at all. I could
interrogate any targets and switch modes on the IFF to watch the
military traffic, commercial traffic, etc. The resident operator came
in after getting a phone call and took over the console. He switched us
to President mode and turned off all the other targets. We watched
Jimmy Carter flying out of his home in Plains, GA, until he got out of
our range 300+ miles N of Benson heading back to the White House aboard
Air Force One! Very cool....indeed.

If they want to study some people in an RF field....they need to study
people like the farmer and his family....who seemed fine, to me. Maybe
I should put in for a big government grant....(c;]

Calibrating test equipment in a mobile home we towed behind a truck
presented many challenges during my time with EIL. The worst places
were the old 100Khz Loran 'C' navigational transmitter sites run by the
USCG. The antenna consisted of an 800' tall tower, series fed at its
base by a megawatt solid state pulse transmitter that used hockey-puck-
sized SCRs, banks of them, to fire precision pulses at that antenna. At
the top of the antenna was a 24-wire capacitor hat to resonate the 800'
tower on 100 Khz over the entire property. Underground for a mile in
all directions was the ground plane system, 36 very long bridgecables
grounded to the huge transmitter's main grounding system from the base
of the tower. ......And here I am, sitting BETWEEN that capacitor hat
and its ground system, literally IN the capacitor's dielectric air,
trying to read a .1V peak calibrator signal to set the vertical
sensitivity of the scope's vertical attenuator....in BETWEEN megawatt
pulses of RF sweeping through the van, and the scope, so powerful it lit
up the flourescent lights in the van, no matter whether the damned
switch was ON or OFF! I got an RF burn connecting the van's ground
cable up to the electrical ground as we robbed power from the main
electrical panel...OUCH! The sailors thought it was funny....(c;]

100 Khz isn't dangerous, either. Some of those guys lived right onsite
and had been there over 3 years in the Louisiana bayou....a great ground
for the transmitter's RF.

--
Creationism is to science what storks are to obstetrics...

Larry

From: The Ghost of General Lee on
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 17:48:52 +0000, Larry <noone(a)home.com> wrote:

>John Navas <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in
>
>> British scientists who conducted the largest study yet into cell phone
>> masts and childhood cancers say that living close to a mast does not
>> increase the risk of a pregnant woman's baby developing cancer.
>>
>> MORE: <http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65L6L520100622>
>>

>It wouldn't even burn 'em if you held their little gonads right up
>against the panel.....unless you dropped the kid from that height.
>
>The total power output of a panel is only about ten or 20 watts, making
>this make-work-for-government-funding project really stupid.
>
>If they wanna do a study, I have a proposal for them........
>
>In Benson, North Carolina, on NC highway 210 just N of town,

[snip]

I think they based this character on Larry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARXfQzfl9EQ