From: tshad on
We are running traces and tried to use NTUserName as a filter. If I have
"Like" = "joe" and joe is not an NTUserName - it still displays the traces.

The Column shows nothing in the NTUserName when stored procedures come
across from my web page.

I expected that since this is tracking a web page and not logged on as a
user, but does it show the traces where the column is blank?

It also works fine from a Query from SSMS where I am logged on a Windows
user.

thanks,

tom

From: yssr83 on
Hi,

I think firstly you will have to check what are the credentials that
your webpage is using, as once the usuer gets to a webpage, then the
whole story is taken forward by your web.config file.

It works for your NT ID as becuase you have connected to it directly
with windows authentication, but you webpage i suppose uses sql
authentication.

Sriram
http://www.sqllike.com
From: tshad on
But my question is if I have used NTUserName as a filter. If I have
"Like" = "joe" and joe is not an NTUserName - it still displays the traces.

You see all the traces that have nothing as NTUserName and I said only show
me those that have NTUserName as "joe". If "joe" is not there I shouldn't
get any traces at all.

Thanks,

Tom