From: forest8 on
Hi there

As I mentioned in the subject line, I am currently getting a @Name? error in
a formula.

The formula I have is

=DateDiff("yyyy",[DateofBirth],Date())-IIf(Format(Date(),"mmdd")>Format([DateofBirth],"mmdd"),0,1)

I noticed that the field should be [Date of Birth] but when I try to edit
the formula, the formula change does not stick.

How do I get the formula to stick?

Thank you for your help in advance.

From: Tom Wickerath AOS168b AT comcast DOT on
What is the name of the text box in question? Is it DateofBirth? If so, try
changing it to txtDateOfBirth. Then see if Access will let you adjust the
formula.

Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/

"forest8" wrote

From: forest8 on
The Text box is called [Date of BIrth] (with spaces bewtween the words.

From: Tom Wickerath AOS168b AT comcast DOT on
Do you have Name Autocorrect (aka Name Autocorrupt) enabled?
I just tried your expression, in a new form created in the sample Northwind
database, and it works fine for me. I started by copying the Employees table,
with data, to "tblEmployees". Then I renamed the BirthDate field to
DateOfBirth (no spaces). I created the form, and added an extra text box
"Date Of Birth" with your expression as the control source.

From: forest8 on
Hi

The Name Autocorrect Options have Track Name Autocorrect Info and Peform
name AutoCorrect are checked (i.e. on).

I was able to get the formula to stick but it still has a #Name? error.

I just don't get it.

Thanks.

"Tom Wickerath" wrote:

> Do you have Name Autocorrect (aka Name Autocorrupt) enabled?
> I just tried your expression, in a new form created in the sample Northwind
> database, and it works fine for me. I started by copying the Employees table,
> with data, to "tblEmployees". Then I renamed the BirthDate field to
> DateOfBirth (no spaces). I created the form, and added an extra text box
> "Date Of Birth" with your expression as the control source.
>

> Tom Wickerath
> Microsoft Access MVP
> http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/
>
> "forest8" wrote:
>
> > The Text box is called [Date of BIrth] (with spaces bewtween the words.
>
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: hola
Next: curriculum vitae MIRKO CABRAS