From: meangene on
In view design I wish a row to calculate the UnitDiscountAmt by multiplying
the UnitPrice * DiscountRate if DiscountRate >0, Else just show the
UnitPrice. Now if I were doing this in Access I would IIf([DiscountRate]=0,
[UnitPrice], [UnitPrice]*[DiscountRate]. How would I write this in the view?
From: Tibor Karaszi on
CASE (which is more generic than IIF and also ANSI SQL). Something like:

SELECT
col1
,CASE
WHEN DiscountRate > 0 THEN UnitPRice*DiscountRate
ELSE Unitprice
AS colname
END
,col3
FROM ...

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp

From: --CELKO-- on
>> In view design I wish a row to calculate the UnitDiscountAmt by multiplying the UnitPrice * DiscountRate if DiscountRate >0, Else just show the UnitPrice. Now if I were doing this in Access I would IIf([DiscountRate]=0,[UnitPrice], [UnitPrice]*[DiscountRate]. How would I write this in the view? <<

Have you considered making the default value of the discount rate 1.00
and always doing the multiplication? Or use ((1.00 - discount_rate) *
unit_price) ?

From: meangene on
This did the trick - thanks!