From: undisclosed on

Thank you, thank you.

I did something similar on a Windows 2003 Terminal Server - actually,
added permissions for "Users" to have read/enumerate permissions on
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID (using "advanced") and after a reboot had the
same results - user would authenticate but fail to launch explorer.exe

I was able to use Sysinternals psexec to launch a command prompt in the
user session: psexec \\myserver -i <sessionid> cmd.exe

From here, I opened regedit and added "Authenticated User" to CLSID
using the basic interface, with read permissions. After a restart, all
was well.

--
jeffgreenca