From: G�rard Ducouret on
Hello,

It turns out to be evident that some "security" Windows Updates are more
dangerous than any potential virus.
After a Windows Update on the end of March, all my Windows Server 2003 where
the update was accepted are booting and booting endlessly.
That's tests servers but their re-install will last more than 10 days...:-(
Do you know some anti-virus which detect these malicious updates and
deactivate them?
I tried TDSSKiller from Kasperski but without any success: it found nothing
Maleware Bytes didn't find anything
The Recovery console didn't recover anything.
Any ideas?
Thanks for your help!

PS: All these servers have a dual boot with Windows XP. XP doesn't have any
problem

From: Peter Foldes on
Which Update ? What does the event viewer say as per Error Number? You used WU to
update all the servers or did you do this through the GPO or Network. Was WSUS ever
used on these servers. How many W2K3 machines are we talking here.Have you tried the
public.windows.server.security newsgroup. If you know the W2K3 and W2K8 server
system then stop the boot and enter via Safe and give (post) all pertinent info
asked above

--
Peter

From: Gérard Ducouret on
Hi Peter,
I don't know exactly which update : that's my problem ;-( .
I uninstalled KB977165 on one machine but without any success.
Yes, I used Windows Update on all the 3 servers which have the problem.
I have 4 W2K3 machines. The issue concern 3 of them.
If I boot using Safe Mode [F8] these polluted machines run fine.
I didn't find in the Event Viewer, any error message which could be associated with this issue.
When the Windows Server 2003 begins to load, after a few second I have a blue screen which lasts 0,2 seconds. I noted the error at the bottom:
STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x00000020, 0xF789A834, 0x00000000)
What can I do now?
Thanks for your help

Gérard

From: Peter Foldes on
G�rard

<STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x00000020, 0xF789A834, 0x00000000)>
Translation of the above error that is generated
A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn�t catch.
These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a
driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

--

Hi Peter,
I don't know exactly which update : that's my problem ;-( .
I uninstalled KB977165 on one machine but without any success.
Yes, I used Windows Update on all the 3 servers which have the problem.
I have 4 W2K3 machines. The issue concern 3 of them.
If I boot using Safe Mode [F8] these polluted machines run fine.
I didn't find in the Event Viewer, any error message which could be associated with
this issue.
When the Windows Server 2003 begins to load, after a few second I have a blue screen
which lasts 0,2 seconds. I noted the error at the bottom:
STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x00000020, 0xF789A834, 0x00000000)
What can I do now?
Thanks for your help

G�rard

"Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:

From: G�rard Ducouret on
Thanks a lot Peter,

I will study this way with the help of a system engineer tomorrow.

G�rard

"Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
OA%23HGJK3KHA.4332(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...