From: Nad on
I have project update form based on parameter query. In the query
ProjectEngineer Criteria field, I put ( Like [forms]![formfind]![combo1] ) .
The record source of query is TblProject and fields are ProjectEng,….etc.
The row source of combo1 of Formfind is a query as
SELECT [Employees Extended].ID, [Employees Extended].[Employee Name] FROM
[Employees Extended] ORDER BY [Employees Extended].[Employee Name];
The Employee Extended is a query from Employee table.
Also I set the column width 0;2 so that it display only the Engineers name
not the ID.
The problem is that, When I open the ProjectUpdate form , the Formfind is
asking for the Engineers name but when I select the engineer name in the
Combo box, I am getting no data found message but when I write the ID then
its Ok.
I understand the problem is in the Formfind as the combobox is fetching two
data EmpID and EmpName. But I want to display EngName in the FrmFind not the
ID.
Hopefully I able explain you.
Please help to resolve.
Regards,

From: Douglas J. Steele on
You can control which value is passed when you refer to
[forms]![formfind]![combo1] by setting the Bound Column to which ever column
it is you want passed.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

From: Nad on
I put 0 in the bound column as i have to pass empID but still getting the
same result.

From: Douglas J. Steele on
Unlike the Column collection, the Bound Column starts counting at 1, not 0
(setting BoundColumn to 0 means you'll get the ListIndex value, or an
indication of which row was selected)

Yeah, I agree it's inconsistent! <g>

From: Nad on
Thanks Douglas. Its working now. You guys are very kind.
I have another problem.
My query is based on TblProjectUpdate and in this table i store EmpID which
is linked to Employee table. My form is based on this query. Now, i want to
display Employee name insted of Employee ID in the form.
Plz help.
Regards