From: JB on
I am working on a terminal program and I would like to have the GONG
sound CCGMS uses when a Control-V is encountered.

I am really terrible when it comes to using sound. Tried to find the
routine in CCGMS but had no luck. A bell I have, gong I do not.

If anyone can help out, it is much appreciated!
From: Joe Forster/STA on
> I am working on a terminal program and I would like to have the GONG
> sound CCGMS uses when a Control-V is encountered.

If you give us a download URL of CCGMS and a short but exact
description on how to navigate through the software (in VICE; also
what extra hardware needs to be configured) to get to the point where
the gong sound is made then someone might be able to hack it out for
you... ;-)
From: rusure on
On Jul 20, 10:36 am, JB <jbrown1...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to have the GONG sound CCGMS uses when a Control-V is encountered.

I have never used ccgms.

I ripped this off from a compute gazette disk copier.
If there are no typos, it might work for you

ldy #14
lda #0
zero sta $d400,y
dey
bne zero
ldy #7
filsid ldx sidreg,y
lda sidval,y
sta d400,x
dey
bne filsid
lda #$e0
sta $a2
delay lda $a2
bne delay
lda #$14
sta $d404
rts
sidreg .dby 1,$506,$e0f,$1804
sidval .dby $3c73,,$cc9.,$c319,$d315
..END
From: rusure on

From: JB on
On Jul 20, 9:54 pm, rusure <r_u_s...(a)mybluelight.com> wrote:
> On Jul 20, 10:36 am, JB <jbrown1...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I would like to have the GONG sound CCGMS uses when a Control-V is encountered.
>
> I have never used ccgms.
>
> I ripped this off from a compute gazette disk copier.
> If there are no typos, it might work for you
>
> ldy #14
> lda #0
> zero sta $d400,y
> dey
> bne zero
> ldy #7
> filsid ldx sidreg,y
> lda sidval,y
> sta d400,x
> dey
> bne filsid
> lda #$e0
> sta $a2
> delay lda $a2
> bne delay
> lda #$14
> sta $d404
> rts
> sidreg .dby 1,$506,$e0f,$1804
> sidval .dby $3c73,,$cc9.,$c319,$d315
> .END

Thanks for the code. I will try it out.

What issue of Gazette was this? Might want to look at all the code.
A copier is interesting too.