From: Josh Cheek on

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Aldric Giacomoni <aldric(a)trevoke.net> wrote:

> So the ruby-warrior thing doesn't excite you? ;-)

I actually played with it back whenever Ryan announced it on his Twitter.
But I had to read a lot of specs and source to figure out what was available
to my robot, and how to have him do things. I put it down b/c I could see it
was going to eat up a lot of time that I needed to devote to other
priorities.

> It can be tough; what is really exciting for an engineer? They have a
> very meticulous personality, point-by-point, attention to detail.
>
> Maybe recreating Dwemthy's array in front of their eyes?

I'm really hoping for something that can be done in under 10 minutes (the
format is not yet clear to me, I have a meeting with the people putting it
on, but I may have to give a presentation, in which case, the whole thing
should take under 10 min).

The TweetStream example is less than 15 lines of code. The final product
doesn't need to be that short necessarily, but shorter is still better.

From: Josh Cheek on

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Josh Cheek <josh.cheek(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> If I understand what you're saying, you mean something like a truth table
> maker?
> -Josh

Hmm, I've been thinking about this, It could probably be done easily with
tree top. But formatting output might require arcane knowledge.