From: Dana DeLouis on
> ...IF((E4="G"),4,IF((E4="C"),8

Hi. If A1 is one of your 9 letters, a program I have gave the following
as one possible solution. Unfortunately, it is flagged to work in
OpenOffice, and Not Excel due to Excel's Mod bug.

=MOD(537465926027,CODE(A1)*2-123)

= = = = =
I'm not going to hold my breath thinking that Microsoft will finally fix
this problem in the upcoming release.
= = = =
Dana DeLouis

On 5/3/2010 5:00 PM, Cerealkiller via OfficeKB.com wrote:
> Apperantly I just recived this message from Ron. So it looks like a vlookup
> is the only way but thank you for your response.
>
> Vlookup will be a better solution for this.
>
> Just reference the table as an absolute reference, or NAME it.
> --ron
>

> Fred Smith wrote:
>> What was wrong with all the responses to your previous posts? There were
>> several suggested improvements shown.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Fred
>>
>>> I have Excel 2000 so these problems are more than 7 levels is there a way
>> [quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
>>> (E4="M"),0,IF((E4="L"),1,IF((E4="H"),2,IF((E4="G"),4,IF((E4="C"),8,"ERR"))))))
>>> ))))
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: protect cell format