From: ying.linying on
Actually it is one standard fourier transform integration for kx and
ky. Inner integral (kx)is infinit and outer limit of integral (ky)is
function of kx. I am not familiar with such programm, so is there
anybody having experience on such kind of programm? Thanks a lot.

From: Andrew Smith on
I used IMSL succesfully for a two dimensional integration but I am not sure
what you mean by the function is infinite. This is an extract from the
online manual:

TWODQ/DTWODQ (Single/Double precision)
Compute a two-dimensional iterated integral.

Usage

CALL TWODQ (F, A, B, G, H, ERRABS, ERRREL, IRULE, RESULT,

ERREST)

Arguments

F - User-supplied FUNCTION to be integrated. The form is F(X, Y), where

X - First argument of F. (Input)

Y - Second argument of F. (Input)

F - The function value. (Output)

F must be declared EXTERNAL in the calling program.

A - Lower limit of outer integral. (Input)

B - Upper limit of outer integral. (Input)

G - User-supplied FUNCTION to evaluate the lower limits of the inner
integral.

The form is G(X), where

X - Only argument of G. (Input)

G - The function value. (Output)

G must be declared EXTERNAL in the calling program.

H - User-supplied FUNCTION to evaluate the upper limits of the inner
integral.

The form is H(X), where

X - Only argument of H. (Input)

H - The function value. (Output)

H must be declared EXTERNAL in the calling program.

ERRABS - Absolute accuracy desired. (Input)

ERRREL - Relative accuracy desired. (Input)

IRULE - Choice of quadrature rule. (Input)

The Gauss-Kronrod rule is used with the following points:

IRULE Points

1 7-15

2 10-21

3 15-31

4 20-41

5 25-51

6 30-61

If the function has a peak singularity, use IRULE = 1. If the function is
oscillatory,

use IRULE = 6.

RESULT - Estimate of the integral from A to B of F. (Output)

From: Madhusudan Singh on
ying.linying(a)gmail.com wrote:

> Actually it is one standard fourier transform integration for kx and
> ky. Inner integral (kx)is infinit and outer limit of integral (ky)is
> function of kx. I am not familiar with such programm, so is there
> anybody having experience on such kind of programm? Thanks a lot.

You might wish to consult quadpack.
From: grace on
Thanks. I also have this one, but there is exact upper and lower limit
for internal integral. For my case, the internal upper limit and lower
limit are both infinite number, not a function or a finite number.

From: Andres Kuusk on
grace wrote:

> For my case, the internal upper limit and lower
> limit are both infinite number, not a function or a finite number.

Look at Section 4.4 (Improper Integrals) in Numerical Recipes by Press et
al., Cambridge University Press. Subroutines midsql() and midsqu() may
help you.

Andres Kuusk
Tartu Observatory, Estonia

Pages: 1