From: Moondoggy on

I have a question that perhaps someone can help answer. We have a
production domain and a test domain and there exists a one way trust
where test trusts production. While logged onto my production XP Pro PC
I used a RUN AS to open a command windows using my production domain
administrator's account and then attempted to run the following CACL's
command involving a folder and a user account in our test environment.

cacls \\c1app422\users\id99998 /T /E /G CFTDomain\id99998:c /r
"CFDomain\Domain Users"

When run, the program it retuns an error message "No mapping between
account names and security IDs was done"
If I go to an XP Pro PC in my test domain and logon with my production
domain administrators account and I execute the exact same conmmand the
command works flawlessly.

So, In summary, I executed the same CACL's command using the same
production domain administrator's account and the only difference is
that one XP PC was a member of the production domain and the other was a
member of my test domain.

Can someone explain why this is working the way it is and is there any
way to make this command work from the production domain?

Pages: 1
Prev: cardreaderlookupwindow error
Next: System Files