From: Jason D. on
PDP-504PU (Type: TUCK)

Just called and they don't support plasma (huh?).

Our shop is pioneer authorized shop and downloaded that service manual
to look for info on clear the TRAP trip flag. Got it that, clearing
TRAP section but huh? No info on entering into factory service mode
in order to clear this TRAP flag. The FSM says have to enter into
service mode first via jig or remote (even service manual left out the
details for entering into service mode by substituting that with
"Know-how"!).

Due to nature of this sensitive info due to DMCA thing, best to email
me directly.

Thanks & Cheers, Wizard
From: Homer J Simpson on

"Jason D." <depotcon(a)kos.net> wrote in message

> The FSM says have to enter into
> service mode first via jig or remote (even service manual left out the
> details for entering into service mode by substituting that with
> "Know-how"!).

Apparently one TV I have (Konka) to get into service I need to open the
remote and look for an 'extra' button!

From: tomh on

a Sony service guy I know is convinced there's "life" timer somewhere
in the software that causes the units to just plain quit after a length
of time.

From: jango2 on
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.electronics.repair/browse_thread/thread/8a1dc28658726ef5/d91bedb116e787ca?lnk=gst&q=trap+switch&rnum=1#d91bedb116e787ca

Denying an independent technician access to service info and spares is
one thing, but going to the extent of rigging the set with booby traps
is pushing it too far. This Just reflects poorly on the mental make up
of the designers and top shots in these organisations, they obviously
lack a conscience and have issues with morality. I've convinced 8
customers ever since that pioneer and jvc are bad buys and succesfully
diverted them to other brands. So you wanna mess with us techies huh ?.

From: Homer J Simpson on

"jango2" <crow_slapper(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> Denying an independent technician access to service info and spares is
> one thing, but going to the extent of rigging the set with booby traps
> is pushing it too far. This Just reflects poorly on the mental make up
> of the designers and top shots in these organisations, they obviously
> lack a conscience and have issues with morality. I've convinced 8
> customers ever since that pioneer and jvc are bad buys and succesfully
> diverted them to other brands. So you wanna mess with us techies huh ?.

I remember this was a joke article in Radio Electronics maybe 40+ years
ago - the "Little Wonder" TV would burn a VOID message on its own screen if
tampered with.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Garage door opener