From: pnkflydthewall on
Trying to pull a report from one program that has file in eer format. Need
to open in excel but Excel auto converts a number (8-7440) into a date in
August. Have tried many different ways to open the report but it converts to
a date everytime. When I format the cells to be 'general' or 'number' it
does not convert the number back correctly (lists 2023658 instead of 8-7440).
Any suggestions? Help...please help....this is driving me to drink.
From: Gord Dibben on
Try pre-formatting the cells as text before importing.

Or can you export the eer file to to a *.txt file first then open the *.txt
file in Excel?

In the Text Import Wizard you can designate cell formats.

Can you use Data>Import External Data?

You should be able to designate how to treat fields.

i.e. if it looks like a date, treat as Text

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP