From: Daniel Kolbo on
Hello,

I'm trying to use the debugging features of Netbeans for the first time.
The Netbeans debugger is not stopping at breakpoints. I searched the
net, I found out i wasn't the only one with such issues. However, after
going through the various posts, etc... i am still without a resolution.

Setup:
Windows XP Home SP3
PHP Version 5.2.6
XDEBUG Version 2.1.0
Apache Version Apache/2.2.10 (Win32) PHP/5.2.6
Hostname:Port localhost:8080

my php.ini has:
zend_extension_ts="c:/php/ext/php_xdebug-2.1.0-5.2-vc6.dll"
extension=php_sockets.dll
xdebug.var_display_max_depth = 4
xdebug.remote_enable=on
xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp
xdebug.remote_host=localhost
xdebug.remote_port=9000

Some posts said the problem might be with a faulty XDebug install. My
phpinfo says:
xdebug.remote_port 9000 9000
xdebug.remote_enable On On
xdebug.remote_host localhost localhost
xdebug.remote_handler dbgp dbgp

I added port 9000 to my COMODO firewall. I even disabled the firewall,
still no success.

when i run the following script
<?php
$address = '127.0.0.1';
$port = 9000;
$sock = socket_create(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0);
if (!socket_set_option($sock, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, 1)) {
echo socket_strerror(socket_last_error($sock));
exit;
}
socket_bind($sock, $address, $port) or die('Unable to bind');
$result_listen = socket_listen($sock);
socket_set_nonblock($sock);
$client = socket_accept($sock);
echo "connection established: $client";
socket_close($client);
socket_close($sock);
?>

i receive the php warning:
"Warning: socket_accept() [function.socket-accept]: unable to accept
incoming connection ..."
(if i don't set the socket to nonblock then the script will hang)

Also, when i run the following script:
<?php
echo 'start';
xdebug_break();
echo 'stop';

?>

I receive 'startstop' with no apparent pause in execution.

In netbeans, the play and debug both display to the browser fine,
however the debug doesn't stop at break points nor at my cursor (if i
tell it to stop at cursor).

Why are my breakpoints not stopping? Why can I not accept a socket on
port 9000?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
`

From: tedd on
At 7:04 PM -0400 7/10/10, Daniel Kolbo wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to use the debugging features of Netbeans for the first time.
> The Netbeans debugger is not stopping at breakpoints. I searched the
>net, I found out i wasn't the only one with such issues. However, after
>going through the various posts, etc... i am still without a resolution.

Daniel:

You might try posting your question to the NetBeans list, namely:

They are pretty good at answering questions.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------
http://sperling.com http://ancientstones.com http://earthstones.com
From: Daniel Kolbo on

tedd wrote:
> At 7:04 PM -0400 7/10/10, Daniel Kolbo wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to use the debugging features of Netbeans for the first time.
>> The Netbeans debugger is not stopping at breakpoints. I searched the
>> net, I found out i wasn't the only one with such issues. However, after
>> going through the various posts, etc... i am still without a resolution.
>>

> Daniel:
>
> You might try posting your question to the NetBeans list, namely:

> They are pretty good at answering questions.
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd

Tedd,

Thanks for the response.

For posterity (should anyone be going through the same headache i went
through), I'm replying with a link to the resolution.

The issue had to do with a netbean project setting. I posted the
resolution to the netbean's forum.
http://forums.netbeans.org/viewtopic.php?p=79554
Thanks,
dK