From: KenP on
We had power outage and when I came in next am computer (Win XP/SP 2) was
off. When I tried to print, network printer was not in printer list. Printer
is HP network printer w/internal print server. All other computers on network
were not affected by whatever happened.

I tried to add printer back w/no luck. Printer does not show up when
searching. I tried IP address, printer name and could not see it on the
network. I've shut down computer and printer w/no luck.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

KenP
From: Daave on
KenP wrote:
> We had power outage and when I came in next am computer (Win XP/SP 2)
> was off. When I tried to print, network printer was not in printer
> list. Printer is HP network printer w/internal print server. All
> other computers on network were not affected by whatever happened.
>
> I tried to add printer back w/no luck. Printer does not show up when
> searching. I tried IP address, printer name and could not see it on
> the network. I've shut down computer and printer w/no luck.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Try System Restore:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449

From: Bob I on
Does the printer appear to the other computers?

From: JohnB on
can you ping the IP address of the printer from your computer?
have you power cycled the printer?

If the printer does not show up as a shared network resourse when you browse
\\ServerName, it most likely is *offline* in some way.

From: KenP on
My apology Bob, I should have stated that to start with. Although other
computers were shut down due to power outage, only one was affected.