From: Steve on
In article <7f4oc51ohgcr8veopcrv7mgetcbh8lfvps(a)4ax.com>, Santa_Anna(a)Alamo.invlaid
says...

> The 5870 was too big for my main computer case so had to swap all the
> hardware with another Antec case I had my 2nd PC built into. Both
> cases have the same depth front to back but it was the placement of
> the HDDs in my main computer that caused the 5870 not being able to
> fit. I forsee this issue being a problem for lots of people because
> lots of cases use the same HDD placement design.
>
> On my Antec tower the HDDs are placed *above* where the video card
> goes so was not an issue and I could fit a card in there even if it
> was 4 - 5" longer. Something to be very wary of if you are planning to
> buy a 5870. Next gen better not get any bigger or ATI will have to
> design cards that sit outside of the case with their own PSU like 3DFX
> was planning to do.

You may save yourself some grief if you make sure the next case you buy will
take an E-ATX sized motherboard.

From: Carl on
I was thinking the same thing. I had an Akasa Eclipse, and thought that was
a great case, had it for years, but I just replaced it with a Corsair 800D,
which is ginormous, and quieter than the Akasa.