From: Bill Garber on

"Golan Klinger" <no(a)sp.am> wrote in message
> Two things:
>
> 1. It isn't new. It's a Cybernet Zero-FootPrint-PC. See here:
>
> <http://www.cybernetman.com/en/products/zero-footprint-pc/>
>
> 2. It isn't Commodore branded. According to (one of) the
> websites, they're trying to negotiate the right to use
> the Commodore name/logo.
>
> Basically there is nothing to see here. Move along.
>
> Golan Klinger
> Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.

Oh my, Deja Vu and stuff. Somehow I recall this thing being
brought up like a year ago or so. I'll bet if I did a search
of Google groups I would find it, but at this point it would
be a waste of time, being this is a nearly identical posting
of the prior discussion.

Bill

From: BruceMcF on
On Mar 19, 1:48 pm, "Bill Garber" <willy4...(a)garberstreet.com> wrote:
> Oh my, Deja Vu and stuff.  Somehow I recall this thing being
> brought up like a year ago or so. I'll bet if I did a search
> of Google groups I would find it, but at this point it would
> be a waste of time, being this is a nearly identical posting
> of the prior discussion.

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't the promo slideshow with the "You
loved it then" that led someone back then to the conclusion that it
was Commodore branded.
From: Brandon Staggs on
"Golan Klinger" wrote on Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:20:48 +0000 (UTC):

> Two things:
>
> 1. It isn't new. It's a Cybernet Zero-FootPrint-PC. See here:
>
> <http://www.cybernetman.com/en/products/zero-footprint-pc/>

Didn't know about that. Interesting!

--
-Brandon
http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
From: Ed Prochak on
On Mar 19, 1:20 pm, Golan Klinger <n...(a)sp.am> wrote:
> Two things:
>
> 1. It isn't new. It's a Cybernet Zero-FootPrint-PC. See here:
>
>    <http://www.cybernetman.com/en/products/zero-footprint-pc/>
>
> 2. It isn't Commodore branded. According to (one of) the websites, they're
>    trying to negotiate the right to use the Commodore name/logo.
>
> Basically there is nothing to see here. Move along.
>
> --
> Golan Klinger
> Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.

I wonder. Supposed to be OS X compatible, that could be interesting!
From: Brandon Staggs on
"Ed Prochak" wrote on Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:42:03 -0700 (PDT):

> I wonder. Supposed to be OS X compatible, that could be interesting!

Apple already makes small-footprint hardware, and the OSX license
prohibits installation on anything except Apple machines. Sure, some
people will have the knowledge necessary to install it anyway, but
it's not exactly a strong marketing angle.

--
-Brandon
http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last