From: Andrew Wiskow on
I just added a new way to connect to both Cottonwood BBS and
Cottonwood II. You can now connect from a web browser with
FlashTerm. This is a great way to connect that does not require any
additional software to be installed other than a flash-capable
browser, perfect for when you're using a public computer or are behind
a firewall that has ports 23 and 6400 blocked (as is the case for me
at work). The downside is that FlashTerm, at present, does not have
PETSCII support, so you'll be stuck in ASCII mode. Still, it's better
than nothing! :)

To connect using FlashTerm, just go to the following addresses:

To connect to Cottonwood BBS:
http://cottonwood.servebbs.com/cottonwood

To connect to Cottonwood II:
http://cottonwood.servebbs.com/cottonwoodii
From: Leif Bloomquist on
"Andrew Wiskow" <wiskow(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>I just added a new way to connect to both Cottonwood BBS and
> Cottonwood II. You can now connect from a web browser with
> FlashTerm.

That's pretty cool. I had a look at FlashTerm about a year ago but didn't
find the time to adapt it for my BBS.

> additional software to be installed other than a flash-capable
> browser, perfect for when you're using a public computer or are behind
> a firewall that has ports 23 and 6400 blocked (as is the case for me

So where does the TCP (Telnet) connection originate from? I've assumed it
is just from the browser, so you're in the same situation as any other
terminal with respect to blocked ports. Or is there a proxy of some sort
running on the server end?

I wasn't able to get it working here though, I eventually get 'Error: Socket
security not conifigured'.

Cheers
Leif