From: Howard Brazee on
My mother's desktop has as its first icon a folder that contains "My
Documents". It seems recursive and can't be removed by normal means
(I don't want "My Documents" touched). Can it be hid or otherwise
fixed?
From: Richard in AZ on

"Howard Brazee" <howard(a)brazee.net> wrote in message
> My mother's desktop has as its first icon a folder that contains "My
> Documents". It seems recursive and can't be removed by normal means
> (I don't want "My Documents" touched). Can it be hid or otherwise
> fixed?

Right-mouse click on a blank area of your desktop.
Choose "Properties" from the menu.
Go to the Desktop tab.
Click on the button "customize desktop"
Uncheck the box in front of "My Documents"
"Okay" your self back out of these windows.

From: Howard Brazee on
On Sun, 16 May 2010 08:05:26 -0700, "Richard in AZ"
<me(a)mailinator.com> wrote:

>> My mother's desktop has as its first icon a folder that contains "My
>> Documents". It seems recursive and can't be removed by normal means
>> (I don't want "My Documents" touched). Can it be hid or otherwise
>> fixed?
>
>Right-mouse click on a blank area of your desktop.
>Choose "Properties" from the menu.
>Go to the Desktop tab.
>Click on the button "customize desktop"
>Uncheck the box in front of "My Documents"
>"Okay" your self back out of these windows.

That was already unchecked. When I checked it, a "My Documents"
folder got created on the desktop. This is the same thing as the
folder inside of her "New Folder" folder that's on her desktop.

I should have said the name of this folder. I cannot rename it.
Hiding it would be OK.

- James Madison
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Howard, to avoid confusion and so that we all know the full background here,
please post any/all further follow-up about Mom's computer in replies to
your original thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_frm/thread/a7c4ab94f67cbd20

OT Tip: Steer clear of alt.gossip.celebrities newsgroup.

From: Howard Brazee on
On Sun, 16 May 2010 14:20:37 -0400, "PA Bear [MS MVP]"
<PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Howard, to avoid confusion and so that we all know the full background here,
>please post any/all further follow-up about Mom's computer in replies to
>your original thread:
>http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_frm/thread/a7c4ab94f67cbd20
>
>OT Tip: Steer clear of alt.gossip.celebrities newsgroup.

I'm using a newsgroup reader.

- James Madison