From: wrl-x2 on
I need to install a new Motherboard in my PC due to overheating issues.
All the existing hardware devices i.e. CD-RW, Graphics Card, Hard Drive etc.
will remain the same. If I purchase a new Motherboard and using all my
existing hardware, does this mean I have to purchase a new copy of Windows XP
Professional or can I re-use my original copy (which happens to be a OEM/Non
Branded CD).
From: DL on
If none branded oem it should be OK, if haveing to use phone activation
simply expalin replaced a failed component on origonal pc

From: Doum on
"DL" <notvalid(a)spoofaddress.co.uk> �crivait

> If none branded oem it should be OK, if haveing to use phone
> activation simply expalin replaced a failed component on origonal pc
>
> "wrl-x2" <wrlx2(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I need to install a new Motherboard in my PC due to overheating
>>issues.
>> All the existing hardware devices i.e. CD-RW, Graphics Card, Hard
>> Drive etc.
>> will remain the same. If I purchase a new Motherboard and using all
>> my existing hardware, does this mean I have to purchase a new copy of
>> Windows XP
>> Professional or can I re-use my original copy (which happens to be a
>> OEM/Non
>> Branded CD).

If more than 120 days since last activation, it will activate on-line.