From: desertbird on
I have a simple form created on "Transfer#" table that has a Order#, Date,
Total$.

My users enter the Order# then press a button that updates the Date and
Total$ on the "Transfer#" table and then prints a report of Order from the
"Transfer#" table. The Date and Total$ are pulled/queried and updated from
another table.

The records do not update until my user is on a new record in the form.

How can I get the Date and Total$ to update while the user is still on the
current record they just entered?
From: Dorian on
Try:
If Me.dirty then me.dirty = false
This should force update of the current record.
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

From: Al Campagna on
desertbird,
Do a
Refresh
in your button code after you've updated the field values.
That will force the values to be written to your table, just before the
report is opened.

Also, I would suggest not using any special chgaracters in your object
names... such as Order#, or Total$, and Transfer#. These characters have
meaning in Access, and while always "bracketing" might prevent a problem,
it's best to avoid them altogether.
Also, make Total a bit more meaningful...
Try OrderNo or OrderNum... or SalesTotal or CashTotal... or
TransferNo... etc...
--
hth
Al Campagna

From: desertbird on
Thanks for the reply. Where to I put the If statement? I am a very rusty in
Access.

From: desertbird on
Thank You for all the tips and suggestions!