From: xix on
Hi

I've written a version of the 1980s game QIX for linux (and it seems to
work on FreeBSD too). Its C++ source and doesn't require any special
graphics libraries, just libX11.so and libXext.so which are standard on
every distribution.

http://www.ogham.demon.co.uk/zips/xix100.tgz

From: Chris F.A. Johnson on
On 2009-12-13, xix(a)xix.world wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've written a version of the 1980s game QIX for linux (and it seems to
> work on FreeBSD too). Its C++ source and doesn't require any special
> graphics libraries, just libX11.so and libXext.so which are standard on
> every distribution.
>
> http://www.ogham.demon.co.uk/zips/xix100.tgz

On exiting:

XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
after 19041 requests (1059 known processed) with 1 events remaining.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson, author | <http://cfajohnson.com>
2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence
From: xix on
On 13 Dec 2009 23:46:44 GMT
"Chris F.A. Johnson" <cfajohnson(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>On 2009-12-13, xix(a)xix.world wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I've written a version of the 1980s game QIX for linux (and it seems to
>> work on FreeBSD too). Its C++ source and doesn't require any special
>> graphics libraries, just libX11.so and libXext.so which are standard on
>> every distribution.
>>
>> http://www.ogham.demon.co.uk/zips/xix100.tgz
>
> On exiting:
>
>XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
> after 19041 requests (1059 known processed) with 1 events remaining.

If you kill it by clicking on the window destroy button instead of pressing
'q' for quit you'll see that. Its nothing to worry about, its just the game
trying to access a window that no longer exists.