From: Norm on
I have installed VB6 on Win7 64 bit before with no problem, but this time at
the very end it states that it was unable to register javasign.dll in the
registry and does not complete. Even though everything seems to be there and
runs OK the service packs will not install. Then state there is no Visual
Studio installed on my system.

I put the msjava.dll in the windows folder before installing and ran the
install as administrator.

Has anyone run into this problem before?

Norm

From: Rick Rothstein on
See if this helps...

Create a file named MSJAVA.DLL (it can be 0 bytes long, the important thing
is to create a file with this name) and put it in your Windows directory.
Now install VB6 and you shouldn't be bothered by the message. Once you have
finished installing VB6, just delete that file and all should be well.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

From: Norm on
Hi Rick,

Well I had done that, which apparently led to the problem. I had to delete
the msjava.dll file and run the install again letting it install the ms
java. For some reason it needed that to finish the installation. It is all
installed now and running fine.

Thanks,
Norm