From: kaushal on
Hi

Can someone suggest me good tutorials or books to learn about
Networking ?

Thanks

Kaushal
From: Antoine EMERIT on
On 11.05.2010 22:39, kaushal wrote:
> Can someone suggest me good tutorials or books to learn about
> Networking ?

If you want a Linux book, have a look at the Netwoking How-To at

http://tldp.org

Regards
From: Moe Trin on
On Tue, 11 May 2010, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in
article <81177381-0e0a-45d8-9d61-1974f3ea245a(a)34g2000prs.googlegroups.com>,
kaushal wrote:

>Can someone suggest me good tutorials or books to learn about
>Networking ?

http://tldp.org/guides.html

* Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
* The Linux Network Administrator's Guide, Second Edition

http://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/docs/HOWTO/
http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/howtos.html

40490 Jun 22 2000 Home-Network-mini-HOWTO
203891 Sep 29 2004 NET3-4-HOWTO
45604 Apr 18 2006 Networking-Overview-HOWTO

Your Linux distribution also has helper tools to handle specifics setups.

Old guy
From: Dariusz Malec on
kaushal pisze:
> Hi
>
> Can someone suggest me good tutorials or books to learn about
> Networking ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kaushal

As a start check http://tldp.org for networking tutorials.

Well I would say that Iptables tutorial is nice but requries some basic
knowledge. It describes the characteristics of network packets.
http://www.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial/iptables-tutorial.html

Other resource would be Linux advanced routing
http://lartc.org/howto/

And another link http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/

But if you need some specific informations try to google it. If google
does not help you ask on USENET.

Regards
Darek