From: serave on
Hello I looking forward to learn SQL Server running some tutorials but
I got stuck when installing AdventureWorksDW2008 given that my SQL
files are in a drive different than C:
THis is the error I get, which seems to be a linking problem
TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
------------------------------

Failed to retrieve data for this request.
(Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&LinkId=20476

------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or
batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

------------------------------

CREATE FILE encountered operating system error 32(The process cannot
access the file because it is being used by another process.) while
attempting to open or create the physical file 'E:\Program Files
\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA
\AdventureWorksDW2008_Data.mdf'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 5123)

For help, click:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.00.1600&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=5123&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK