From: Rapt0r on
Can anyone please help to understand what it means CSS rule that
makes all text 1.5 times larger than the base font of the system and
colors the text red?

What should i write or any one can help to write few codes here
Confused!!

From: Nick Theodorakis on
On Feb 17, 12:20 pm, Rapt0r <musht...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone please help to understand  what it means CSS rule that
> makes all text 1.5 times larger than the base font of the system and
> colors the text red?
>
> What should i write or any one can help to write few codes here
> Confused!!

Homework?

Well, anyway... To apply these properties to all text in a given
element such as <p>, you may write:

{
font-size: 1.5em;
color: red;
background: white;
}

Note: always specify a background color if you choose a foreground
color.

You may also wish to assign properties to a class, e.g.:

..note
{
font-size: 1.5em;
color: red;
background: white;
}

Then ...

a foreground color.</p>

.... in your html code.

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis
nick_theodorakis(a)hotmail.com
From: Ed Mullen on
Rapt0r wrote:
> Can anyone please help to understand what it means CSS rule that
> makes all text 1.5 times larger than the base font of the system and
> colors the text red?
>
> What should i write or any one can help to write few codes here
> Confused!!

body {
font-size: 150%;

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
Ed Mullen wrote:

> Rapt0r wrote:
>> Can anyone please help to understand what it means CSS rule that
>> makes all text 1.5 times larger than the base font of the system and
>> colors the text red?
>>
>> What should i write or any one can help to write few codes here
>> Confused!!

> body {
> font-size: 150%;
color: red;
} <-----------------

Don't forget the color and the closing brace! ;-)

That will do it, Rapt0r, but who wants to read a whole page in "header
format?" In red. Surely, you have a better question.

--
-bts
From: Jukka K. Korpela on
Nick Theodorakis wrote:

> On Feb 17, 12:20 pm, Rapt0r <musht...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can anyone please help to understand what it means CSS rule that
>> makes all text 1.5 times larger than the base font of the system and
>> colors the text red?
[...]
> Homework?

Probably. And it seems that even c.i.w.a.s. regulars fail in it. It's
probably not a useful assignment, though, but a clever student can learn
from poor teaching too.

> Well, anyway... To apply these properties to all text in a given
> element such as <p>,

Wait a second... the assignment said "all text".

> {
> font-size: 1.5em;
> color: red;
> background: white;
> }

No, that's not a right answer.

> Note: always specify a background color if you choose a foreground
> color.

A good principle indeed, but was in the assignment? I would say that it was
implicit in the assignment that the rule should have the given effects and
only them.

It does not help to replace p with body. It would only set properties for
the body element. Browser style sheets could still set other properties for
other elements, and in fact, they usually do. Typically, elements like code
and pre have reduced font size by default.

It seems that the correct answer is that no single CSS rule suffices. You
would need two rules:

body { font-size: 150% !important; }
* { font-size: 100%; color: red !important; }

Of course, usual CSS caveats still apply. But the above appears to maximize
the odds of achieving the goal that was set. The goal was very absurd in any
normal authoring context, but that's beside the point.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/