From: "M.S. Lucas" on
Hello,

I have in my virtual_alias_domains file two entries

user(a)domain.nl user2(a)domain.nl

@domain.nl user3(a)domain.nl

What I want is that all emails to user goes to user2 and all others go to
user3(a)domain.nl.

I know about backscatter and spam but this user3 will receive and except
everything.

What is the best way to do this? Because now all email, even to user(a)domain,
is forwarded to user3.

With kind regards

met vriendelijke groet,

Maurice Lucas

TAOS-IT

Paulus Buijsstraat 191
2613 HR Delft
<http://www.taos-it.nl/> www.taos-it.nl

KvK Haaglanden nr. 27254410

P Denk aan het milieu; is het afdrukken van deze e-mail echt noodzakelijk?

From: Jeroen Geilman on
On Monday 26 April 2010 08:39:50 M.S. Lucas wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have in my virtual_alias_domains file two entries
>
> user(a)domain.nl user2(a)domain.nl
>
> @domain.nl user3(a)domain.nl

No.
No no no no, that is not what virtual_alias_domains is for.

> What I want is that all emails to user goes to user2 and all others go to
> user3(a)domain.nl.
>
> I know about backscatter and spam but this user3 will receive and except
> everything.

hmm

> What is the best way to do this? Because now all email, even to
> user(a)domain, is forwarded to user3.

With virtual_alias_maps, of course - but even so, catchalls are a bad idea at
the best of times,