From: MowGreen on
Panic wrote:
> Try these Newsgroup Servers: aioe.org and msnews.microsoft.com. I can
> still access microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general and
> microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop on the 2nd server and
> microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop on the first (aioe.org)
>
> I use Cox and their news.west.cox.net Newsgroup server just went dead
> today. I went to their chat room and was advised that 30 June, 2010 was
> the end of their providing Newsgroup service.

Thanks for the aioe.org suggestion. I've subscribed to the MS NGs via
that server but am not sure how long that will be worthwhile, Panic.

Asi es la vida ... long live NNTP !

MowGreen
From: Helroy on

>Re: Newsgroup is being closed - now what do I do?

Go play outside, get some fresh air. It will do you good. :-)

--
H�lr�y
(\__/)

From: Dan on
Why suggest msnews.microsoft.com? That's the server cluster at MS that is
being shut down! :P

You can still access stuff on msnews.microsoft.com because MS haven't
cleared them all down yet, looks like the office monkey forgot to delete the
IE newsgroups last night ...

Dan