From: parallax-scroll on
http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1094930p1.html

"Several developers that have experienced 3DS in its current form have
reported, off the record, that it has processing capabilities that far
exceed the Nintendo Wii and bring the device with abilities that are
close to HD consoles such as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. According to
several developer sources, the 3DS device is not using the NVIDIA
Tegra mobile chipset, a rumor that's been floating around since 2009."
From: Mango on
parallax-scroll wrote:

> http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1094930p1.html
>
> "Several developers that have experienced 3DS in its current form have
> reported, off the record, that it has processing capabilities that far
> exceed the Nintendo Wii and bring the device with abilities that are
> close to HD consoles such as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. According to
> several developer sources, the 3DS device is not using the NVIDIA
> Tegra mobile chipset, a rumor that's been floating around since 2009."

I think Nintendo would rather stick with their with their goal to make
"Casual"-Consoles and Handhelds and the "Casual"-Games for it. I don't see
the point in making a hardware powerful handheld when you look at their
games in the last years.
From: The alMIGHTY N on
On Jun 5, 2:02 pm, parallax-scroll <parallaxscr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1094930p1.html
>
> "Several developers that have experienced 3DS in its current form have
> reported, off the record, that it has processing capabilities that far
> exceed the Nintendo Wii and bring the device with abilities that are
> close to HD consoles such as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. According to
> several developer sources, the 3DS device is not using the NVIDIA
> Tegra mobile chipset, a rumor that's been floating around since 2009."

I find it very difficult to believe that Nintendo can make a handheld
gaming device that surpasses the processing power of the Wii, nears
the processing power of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, includes this
glass-less 3D technology *and* keep the price at a reasonable handheld
price point.
From: parallax-scroll on
On Jun 7, 8:54 am, The alMIGHTY N <natle...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 5, 2:02 pm, parallax-scroll <parallaxscr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1094930p1.html
>
> > "Several developers that have experienced 3DS in its current form have
> > reported, off the record, that it has processing capabilities that far
> > exceed the Nintendo Wii and bring the device with abilities that are
> > close to HD consoles such as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. According to
> > several developer sources, the 3DS device is not using the NVIDIA
> > Tegra mobile chipset, a rumor that's been floating around since 2009."
>
> I find it very difficult to believe that Nintendo can make a handheld
> gaming device that surpasses the processing power of the Wii, nears
> the processing power of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, includes this
> glass-less 3D technology *and* keep the price at a reasonable handheld
> price point.

I doubt it myself.
That's why i'm expecting GameCube-like performance and hoping for Wii-
like
performance. So therefore I'm kinda going against the recent rumor.
From: The alMIGHTY N on
On Jun 7, 7:56 pm, parallax-scroll <parallaxscr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 7, 8:54 am, The alMIGHTY N <natle...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jun 5, 2:02 pm, parallax-scroll <parallaxscr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1094930p1.html
>
> > > "Several developers that have experienced 3DS in its current form have
> > > reported, off the record, that it has processing capabilities that far
> > > exceed the Nintendo Wii and bring the device with abilities that are
> > > close to HD consoles such as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. According to
> > > several developer sources, the 3DS device is not using the NVIDIA
> > > Tegra mobile chipset, a rumor that's been floating around since 2009."
>
> > I find it very difficult to believe that Nintendo can make a handheld
> > gaming device that surpasses the processing power of the Wii, nears
> > the processing power of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, includes this
> > glass-less 3D technology *and* keep the price at a reasonable handheld
> > price point.
>
> I doubt it myself.
> That's why i'm expecting GameCube-like performance and hoping for Wii-
> like
> performance. So therefore I'm kinda going against the recent rumor.

I certainly wouldn't mind GameCube level performance. The GameCube had
some really great games. Wii performance would be more than welcome.
The most important aspect to me are the controls, though. The PSP's
biggest drawback was the lack of a second analog stick - if you're
going to boast that your handheld can offer "console experiences" then
you better make sure the controls support that, too...