From: PD on
On Jun 30, 11:51 pm, "Y.Porat" <y.y.po...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> The analysis of the  Photon  Momentum
> shows us clearly  that
> No mass (the   only one) - no real physics !!
> ie
> the mass of the photon (in Kilograms !) is neither zero -- nor
> relativistic !!
> the dimension less figures associated there
> to the M K S dimensions  --
> show it clearly and unequivocally
> (if you donr mind
> the KILOGRAM   dimension is just one
> basic dimension
> there is no Kg 1  Kg 2   etc -just one kilogram !!
> (with just one   meaning  and interpretation of it-
> no   many interpretations for it   !!)
>
> that should be a beginning of some revolution
> in modern physics
> for instance
> no   more 'massless particles evennot for a fraction of a second !!
> IOW
>  that one mass is conserved1
> exsctly as in marcocosm and as
> Energy is conserved
>
> E=m c^2
> and
> Momentum of Photon is hf/c  etc etc
> as i analyzed it in a previous thread
>
> ps
> not for parrots
> (that will come  right on (:-)
> copyright
> Yehiel Porat   June 2010
> ( just now - the  main point for me is that it will be
> formally  recorded ... No  thefts later  (:-).)
> ATB
> Y.Porat
> ----------------------

Once again, Porat has repeated two basic delusions:
1. That classical mass (kilograms) and relativistic mass (kilograms)
can be somehow distinguished by their units.
2. That the units of a property of an entity tell you that the entity
has a nonzero value of that unit. For example, the permittivity of a
region of completely empty space has units that includes coulombs.
Thus, according to Porat, any region of completely empty space
nevertheless has nonzero electric charge.

Funny, no?

PD
From: hanson on
Paul Draper "PD" <thedraperfamily(a)gmail.com>
the Establishment parrot of and for physics,. wrote:

Paul Draper, the parrot & Einstein Dingleberry wrote:
Once again, Porat has repeated two basic delusions:
1. That classical mass (kilograms) and relativistic mass (kilograms)
can be somehow distinguished by their units.
2. That the units of a property of an entity tell you that the entity
has a nonzero value of that unit. For example, the permittivity of a
region of completely empty space has units that includes coulombs.
Thus, according to Porat, any region of completely empty space
nevertheless has nonzero electric charge.
Funny, no? --- PD

hanson wrote:
.... ahahahaha... but you are hand-waving and weaseling
to/for & at Porat, and what is even funnier, Paul, is that
YOU are not able to explain away the DIMENSION of
mass in the (definition of the) momentum of the photon,
which is the essential beef that Porat is harping about...
Thanks for the laughs though, guys... ahahahanson
From: PD on
On Jul 1, 12:00 pm, "hanson" <han...(a)quick.net> wrote:

> ... ahahahaha... but you are hand-waving and weaseling
> to/for & at Porat, and what is even funnier, Paul, is that
> YOU are not able to explain away the DIMENSION of
> mass in the (definition of the) momentum of the photon,
> which is the essential beef that Porat is harping about...
> Thanks for the laughs though, guys... ahahahanson

I see you have the same problem, ahahahahanson.

The permittivity of empty space is a number that has DIMENSIONS
electric charge. It is necessary in your mind to explain why this does
not mean that empty space has electric charge? Are you as much a
bonehead as Porat is?

From: Uncle Ben on
On Jul 1, 12:51 am, "Y.Porat" <y.y.po...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> The analysis of the  Photon  Momentum
> shows us clearly  that
> No mass (the   only one) - no real physics !!
> ie
> the mass of the photon (in Kilograms !) is neither zero -- nor
> relativistic !!
> the dimension less figures associated there
> to the M K S dimensions  --
> show it clearly and unequivocally
> (if you donr mind
> the KILOGRAM   dimension is just one
> basic dimension
> there is no Kg 1  Kg 2   etc -just one kilogram !!
> (with just one   meaning  and interpretation of it-
> no   many interpretations for it   !!)
>
> that should be a beginning of some revolution
> in modern physics
> for instance
> no   more 'massless particles evennot for a fraction of a second !!
> IOW
>  that one mass is conserved1
> exsctly as in marcocosm and as
> Energy is conserved
>
> E=m c^2
> and
> Momentum of Photon is hf/c  etc etc
> as i analyzed it in a previous thread
>
> ps
> not for parrots
> (that will come  right on (:-)
> copyright
> Yehiel Porat   June 2010
> ( just now - the  main point for me is that it will be
> formally  recorded ... No  thefts later  (:-).)
> ATB
> Y.Porat
> ----------------------

That is a new use for dimensional analysis! Let's try it out: c is in
m/sec in vacuum. Therefore there are mater sticks and clocks of an
invisible kind in a vacuum, since light can traverse a vacuum. Let's
get a research grant to look for them!

Uncle Ben
From: hanson on

hanson wrote:
.... ahahahaha... but you are hand-waving and weaseling
to/for & at Porat, and what is even funnier, Paul, is that
YOU are not able to explain away the DIMENSION of
mass in the (definition of the) momentum of the photon,
which is the essential beef that Porat is harping about...
Thanks for the laughs though, guys... ahahahanson

Angry & Discombobulated Paul Draper "PD" wrote:
I see you have the same problem, ahahahahanson.
The permittivity of empty space is a number that has DIMENSIONS
electric charge. It is necessary in your mind to explain why this does
not mean that empty space has electric charge? Are you as much a
bonehead as Porat is?

hanson wrote:
.... ahahahaha... Paul, Porat is not talking about empty space
nor about permittivity in his tripe above... Nobody but you, Paul,
is bringing up permittivity, because YOU are not able to explain
away the DIMENSION of mass in the (definition of the) momentum
of the photon, which is the essential beef that Porat is harping about...
Show Porat how to get rid of the mass dimension in the definition
of the photon's momentum... and you'll be great man in physics.
Thanks for the laughs, Paul, ... AHAHAHAHA....ahahahanson