From: Mok-Kong Shen on
The German Supreme Court has just ruled against the general
conservation of telecommunication data required of the service
providers (since 2008, for a storage period of 6 months). So at least
in the near future there will be comparatively more freedom of privacy
in Germany than in some other democratic (including the allegedly
archetypal democratic) nations of the world.

M. K. Shen
From: Maaartin on
On Mar 3, 12:53 pm, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.s...(a)t-online.de> wrote:
> The German Supreme Court has just ruled against the general
> conservation of telecommunication data required of the service
> providers (since 2008, for a storage period of 6 months). So at least
> in the near future there will be comparatively more freedom of privacy
> in Germany than in some other democratic (including the allegedly
> archetypal democratic) nations of the world.
>
> M. K. Shen

Some pointers would be nice. I've found (in German).
http://www.zdnet.de/news/wirtschaft_telekommunikation_schlappe_fuer_regierung_vorratsdatenspeicherung_ist_verfassungswidrig_story-39001023-41528290-1.htm
I don't think that "Bundesverfassungsgericht " should be translated as
"German Supreme Court", it's sort of supreme but a special kind,
according to dict.leo.org it translates as "Federal Constitutional
Court".