From: shapper on
Hello,

I am creating a backup of a SQL Database using T-SQL and I get an
error when saving it to a folder under Users/Miguel/Backup.

The same happens if I use SSMS.

If I change the folder to the usual SQL Backup folder there is no
problem.

Do I need to do something to my Users/Miguel/Backup folder?

Thanks,

Miguel
From: Tom Moreau on
Grant read/write privileges for the SQL Server service account to that
folder.

--
Tom

Thomas A. Moreau, BSc, PhD, MCSE, MCDBA, MCITP, MCTS
SQL Server MVP
Toronto, ON Canada
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom.Moreau

"shapper" <mdmoura(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
Hello,

I am creating a backup of a SQL Database using T-SQL and I get an
error when saving it to a folder under Users/Miguel/Backup.

The same happens if I use SSMS.

If I change the folder to the usual SQL Backup folder there is no
problem.

Do I need to do something to my Users/Miguel/Backup folder?

Thanks,

Miguel

Pages: 1
Prev: SQL 2008 vs 2008R2