From: Bert Hyman on
In news:DE07AE70-41C6-475D-999A-66FDBBF50770(a)microsoft.com
=?Utf-8?B?R2VuZQ==?= <Gene(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> My Dell Dimentions 2400, XP, SP3 is able to read CD and DVD-R disks
> but is not able to read DVD+R disks.
>
> Is their a solution for this problem other than buying a new disk
> drive. Am new to the DVD field and my knowledge base is not too great.

Are you burning your own DVDs and have a large supply of DVD+R media that
you don't want to toss?

There are utilities around that will change the "booktype" of your media to
fool readers into thinking that your +R disk is really a -R. I have one
from LiteOn, but it may only work on LiteOn drives.

http://www.liteonit.com/DOWNLOADS/utilities/BookType135.zip

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com