From: WLMPilot on
I know this is not the correct section for this question, but maybe someone
can direct me to the area I need to be in or can even answer my question.

When I post a question in this forum, I check the "Notify me of replies".
However, I am not receiving any email that notifies me of responses. My
email address is in my profile for this forum.

I clicked the "Contact Us" next to Manage profile at the bottom of the
screen and it cannot find that page. I clicked the other "Contact Us" next
to the "All Rights Reserved" and am directed to Bing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Les
From: Douglas J. Steele on
Recognize that the web interface that you're using to interact with these
newsgroups is an imperfect wrapper Microsoft has chosen to put around NNTP.
The problem you're describing has been around for a long time, and I don't
see Microsoft coming up with a fix in a hurry.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:28:44 -0700, WLMPilot
<WLMPilot(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I know this is not the correct section for this question, but maybe someone
>can direct me to the area I need to be in or can even answer my question.
>
>When I post a question in this forum, I check the "Notify me of replies".
>However, I am not receiving any email that notifies me of responses. My
>email address is in my profile for this forum.
>
>I clicked the "Contact Us" next to Manage profile at the bottom of the
>screen and it cannot find that page. I clicked the other "Contact Us" next
>to the "All Rights Reserved" and am directed to Bing.

The Discussions webpage is NOT the forum.

It's a slow, flawed and incomplete newsreader which displays *some of the*
messages in the forum.

The "notify" feature has been broken for many months, and Microsoft shows
little interest in fixing it.

Fortunately, the webpage is not the only way to get to the data. You can use
any Newsreader program, such as Outlook Express (not Outlook, a very different
program), Windows Mail, Agent from http://www.forteinc.com, or dozens of
others to connect to msnews.microsoft.com as the news server; you can search
old posts on Bing (which will give you tons of duplicate and false hits due to
them many websites which "slurp" newsgroup posts), or
http://groups.google.com. The latter has an "advanced search" option which
will let you specify which specific newsgroups to search (this one is
"microsoft.public.access" and there are many other Access-specific groups).

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: David Jennings on
REMOVE